Nov 14, 2022
Kurt Davis is a technology executive and investor with
over two decades of experience building tech startups throughout
Silicon Valley, Europe, and Asia. From 2008-2017, he worked with a
startup called Boku where he led global business development,
focusing on deals with Apple, Microsoft, Spotify, Sony, and more.
This book documents and chronicles Boku’s journey from closing
small sales deals to transactions worth billions of dollars in
transactions. Speaking to other entrepreneurs, he realized that
many get stuck in their initial market but few leap the chasm to
bigger opportunities. So he wrote this book.
- What problem do you solve?
- How to help their businesses grow to the next level when you
feel you’ve tapped your initial client base and how do you resource
your company in order to take advantage of bigger
- You need to dissect and get to know the companies that you
could be working with in your market. It’s important to research
- Look at the companies and analyze how likely a company will be
to work with you and what you’ll need to fulfill their needs.
- When you then approach them you can really present how you can
- Team selling: Teamwork is important to sell. It’s important to
gather and share information and contacts. You may need the board,
CEO, sales team, and operators all involved.
- Build relationships with potential clients to keep the lead
warm. That way when they are ready you are there.
- Keep connected – check in with them every few months to keep
- You need to predict that a company will need your services
before they even know they need them.
- Keep your company top of mind.
Kurt Davis’ Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your
life? Consistency of waking up with the intent of
pushing business relationships along.
- If you had one do-over, what would it
be? Taken less risks earlier in life. He would have
been more patient.
Kurt Davis’ website: kdalive.com
Kurt’s book: Navigate to the
Kurt’s freebie — Free audiobooks
for the first 10 people to email him
Connect with Kurt Davis:
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com