Nov 8, 2021
Brian Roland is a social entrepreneur and Founder of
Abenity, the 6x Inc. 5000 company that’s powering corporate perks
for top brands like U.S. Bank and Mastercard.
While Abenity provides millions of subscribers with
private discounts, the company's social mission is fighting extreme
poverty with every program they deliver.
Abenity recently exceeded $1 million dollars of total
giving and hired a CEO to accelerate growth with their fully remote
Brian lives in Scottsdale, Arizona with his family and
enjoys roasting coffee, flying drones, and helping impact-driven
entrepreneurs establish a social mission of their own.
- Be okay with taking a leap of faith.
- Entrepreneurs look for a blocker and then find a way around
- The more niche it is, the slower the ramp-up period.
- Your why should be outside your company, brand, and products
- There is no place to put identity in those categories.
- Brian build a fully remote team and found that it needed a
foundation of trust and respect.
- Roles must be clearly defined.
- Brian was looking for people to join his team that already knew
them and what they stood for.
- Shared purpose aligns the culture to create community.
- Text IMPACT and/or RULES to (615) 802-6853 to access free
resources from Brian.
- Brian is concerned that the bridge to remote work is
- There must be a cultural plan and purpose for remote work to
continue to work.
- If you're successful, your baby is going to grow up and leave
- Brian thinks that people should work with the lens of high
impact, low effort.
- Develop to the 90% point because things will gain traction and
- Abandon the 91% - 100% range when developing something because
it often wastes time and effort.
Roland's Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your
life? Brian makes his coffee with a slow pour over method
which cuts down his coffee consumption and also gives him a rhythm
and intentionality in the morning.
- What's the simple positive action that you take each
day to move forward to achieve your goals? Brian used to
be very sarcastic, but now he states his sarcastic statements in an
opposite way which is still funny but builds people up and shifts
- What's your biggest life lesson and what have you
learned from it? Just show up.
Connect with Brian:
Brian's website BrianRoland.com
Sign Up for Abenity! Use the code
get your discount.
Get Brian's Impact Plan by texting IMPACT to (615) 802-6853
Get Brian's Rules of Engagement for a Remote Team by texting
Learn more about Gary's
Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/