Nov 7, 2022
Andrea MacKenzie is helping companies to hire, build,
and lead teams for business growth and workplace well-being through
her company Lead With Harmony. She is working with
growth-oriented small business owners and executives to hire,
develop, and lead their teams toward higher performance, lower
stress, and stronger leadership. She brings her 20+ years in
corporate roles and consulting, which spans almost every business
function and size, from small businesses to Fortune 500s, to her
unique approach to serving her clients.
- What problem do you solve?
- Andrea can help business owners and team leaders with hiring,
leading, and developing teams for success and well-being.
- The most common mistakes people are making in the hiring
- Not defining the role.
- Don’t throw in the kitchen sink — don’t include everything in
- Making the role up as you go.
- Not really having a job description.
- Hiring the first person you find.
- Rushing the process.
- Make sure the incoming person knows what their role is going to
be and what to expect.
- Know your people and know your processes.
- You need to know how all of the individuals on your team need
- Realize who on your team needs to collaborate and who does not
- Communication is a two-way street.
- Just because you sent the message, doesn’t mean it’s received.
- Make sure the receipt happened.
- Was it enough information? Did they understand the
- You will create your culture around your values. Know yourself
and your values. Know what values you want to be shared across the
- It’s also important to be a conscious leader. Actually take
time, stop yourself and then make the decision of how you want
things to proceed.
- Ways business owners hold themselves back from growth.
- Mindset. Sometimes people focus on safety instead of growth.
You need to invest to get growth. Do away with your scarcity
- Hire the best and pay for the best because your employees are
the ones that are really going to help grow your company.
- Andrea uses the Kolbe assessment. It shows your how. It doesn’t
change over time.
Andrea MacKenzie’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your
- If you had one do-over, what would it
be? She would redo her wedding photo. She does not
have a single photo of just her and her husband looking at the
Andrea’s freebie — Use code:
CHARGE22 at delegationvisualization.com
Connect with Andrea MacKenzie:
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com