Jan 10, 2022
Jennifer Shaheen is the founder and President of The
Technology Therapy Group. She is recognized as an expert in
planning, implementing, and translating digital marketing and
technology. She is a digital transformation expert, user experience
enthusiast and data insights specialist, expertly guiding business
owners through the intersection of marketing and technology for the
past 20 plus years.
With unique expertise that combines technical prowess,
entrepreneurial insight, and marketing acumen, Jennifer’s marketing
strategy, brand development, and small business operations skills
have aided companies in the retail, manufacturing, hospitality,
luxury, and travel industries.
A highly sought presenter, Jennifer has appeared on
MSNBC’s Your Business and writes for several industry publications.
Jennifer has been a contributor to and quoted expert in notable
publications such as Entrepreneur.com, Forbes.com, CIO, Newsweek,
The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
In June of 2020, Jennifer joined the board of C. F.
Martin & Co.®
- What problem do you solve?
- I solve the problem of understanding where to start and what to
use when it comes to digital technology.
- What three questions are you going to answer for us
- What platforms should we be or should not be using in digital
- What are some tips for each of the marketing channels?
- Where does data play into things when it comes to
- People are trying to do everything, but we can't do everything.
- We don't have enough people and resources.
- Business owners want to do more than they're doing.
- What channels are working for my business and what aren't and
- You don't have to be on everything.
- You should create an account on everything and protect the
- If someone asks about you on one platform, you can redirect
them to another.
- There's nothing wrong with setting up a platform and not using
- What platforms are growing for your audience?
- What is the path for your business?
- Social platforms are great for discovery and search platforms
are great for seeking.
- Know how to nurture both types of clients.
- People don't go from discovery to purchase. There is not a
straight path unless there is a sense of urgency.
- Ask yourself, "I have this kind of business, what are the steps
in consideration to purchase?"
- Build that into your marketing.
- Do you look at all your analytical data together?
- Don't look at your data in silos. If you look at it together,
you can better understand your customer.
- Use Google's data studio.
- Bring your data from many platforms into a central system.
- Organic marketing takes time because you're dealing with
- Organic doesn't give you insights the same way because Google
doesn't share with you what key words people use to find you.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Spend a little money on digital advertising because it'll give
you data insights you won't get organically.
- Reflection is extremely important.
- What's working for you?
- Set a goal for moving one of them (not all) forward a certain
Shaheen's Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your
life? Jennifer had to learn how to create habits because
she was a little too scattered in her life.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be?
Jennifer wishes she had created better systems earlier on. She has
a lot in her head and she needs to systematize it and get it
Connect with Jennifer:
Jennifer's website: technologytherapy.com
Learn more about Gary's
Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/