Dec 6, 2021
Matthew Turner is a British author who wrote his
latest book, ‘Beyond The Pale’ on the back of interviewing hundreds
of successful entrepreneurs, authors, investors, and
thought-leaders. As well as writing his own books, Matthew
ghostwrites both articles and books for other successful
entrepreneurs and thought-leaders, in-between spending time with
his two children.
has graciously shared copies of his new book, Beyond The
Pale, with us. The first 5 individuals to email
firstname.lastname@example.org will get a free copy mailed to
- Matthew always struggled with writing in school which caused
him to have a fixed mindset.
- Now Matthew is a writer, and he writes every day.
- Matthew interviewed 160 entrepreneurs about failure and how
they overcame it.
- This spearheaded his business and inspired his writing.
- He wrote a fable because he wanted to combine his two writing
- Matthew feels that his fiction writing is his art and that he
can let his imagination roam and his non-fiction writing is the way
he educates others.
- Matthew knew that Beyond the Pale is a book he had to
- He asked successful entrepreneurs what they were reading, and
they said that they read philosophies, histories, biographies, and
- People like being taught by stories and not having another
7-step process stuffed down their throats.
- How do I relate to this character?
- People think they need to work a lot, but that's toxic.
- The real toxic nature of hustle in today's world is being
constantly connected to the online world and to others.
- It makes us always compare our worth to others' perceived
- Shut yourself off from distractions.
- It is so hard to sit and enjoy the sound of silence.
- Hustle stops us from thinking about what is really going on
inside of us.
- Take a step back, reflect, and think about what success means
- You may realize that you're already there, so then you can step
back and enjoy it.
- Do 5-minutes to focus on your mind, body, and spirit by doing
things like reading, walking, and meditation.
- Start now.
- Matthew learned from interviewing entrepreneurs that
self-sabotage is more common than we think.
- Part of us is conscious of our self-sabotage.
- Sometimes we do it because we feel we don't deserve what we
- Our inner voice may tell us that this isn't what we need.
- We may have achieved what someone else wants. Not what we
Turner's Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your
life? Matthew journals. He just sits down, sees what comes
into his mind, and writes it.
- What's the simple positive action that you take each
day to move forward to achieve your goals? Walk to walk.
Enjoy it and take in your surroundings.
- What's your biggest life lesson and what have you
learned from it? Define success and realize what really
matters. When you do this, you work less, earn more, and live more
Connect with Matthew:
Matthew's website: beyondbook.co