Oct 25, 2021
Peter Docker, co-author of Find Your Why and formerly
a founding Igniter at Simon Sinek Inc., is passionate about
enabling people to unlock their natural talents. He believes
leadership is about lifting people up and giving them the space
they need so that, when the time is right, they can take the
Drawing on his 25-year career in the Royal Air Force,
and over 14 years spent partnering with businesses around the
world, Peter's goal is to inspire others to Lead from the
- Peter has been a negotiator and a teacher.
- Learn what brings us together as human beings.
- A position is against something. It has to be.
- A stand is for something. Standing for something is more
powerful than a position against.
- One of the toughest leadership challenges is being a
- What's my underlying commitment?
- Context gives meaning to content.
- If you shift the context, it brings a new meaning.
- Get clear on what you believe.
- What's really important to you?
- When you can go deeper you can help others join in with you if
they believe in it too.
- When dealing with the unknown, they will be willing to stand up
and help you figure it out.
- You can try to make people accountable for things, but only
they can choose to take responsibility.
- They have to choose because they want to.
- If team members feel like they belong, they feel they can step
up and take responsibility.
- Humble confidence is about love, not fear.
- Everything we do is driven by fear or love.
- Fear brings ego.
- When driven by love, we listen and think about others.
- Leading from a place of love encourages others to step up and
- Many people see not knowing the answer as a kind of threat.
Docker's Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your
life? Peter approaches things by always pushing himself
and trying new things. He has a willingness to give it a go and
- What's the simple positive action that you take each
day to move forward to achieve your goals? He seeks out
opportunities to show that he cares.
- What's your biggest life lesson and what have you
learned from it? Peter says that he has learned that
mutual respect is so important and that there is value in allowing
things to happen.
Connect with Peter:
Peter's websites leadingfromthejumpseat.com
Find Peter's book HERE!
Gary's new book is available!
You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com